This year, The American School of Las Palmas is celebrating its 50th anniversary and there will be many events to commemorate the founding of the school in 1967. We will be using the school webpage, social networks and other media to announce some of the specific events. Here are some of the highlights to celebrate the 50th anniversary:
- The American School of Las Palmas International Food Fair will be held on Saturday April 1st As usual we will include various stands of food from different nations, refreshments, dessert stand, tea and coffee, activities for the children. In addition, there will also be a 50th Anniversary cake, sports events, photos, and other activities yet to be confirmed.
- Spelling bees and many other activities will take place during Book Week. Also, students from Upper School will organize a Book Mark Activity to raise funds for the international organization “Save the Children.”
- A run-a-thon race in Las Palmas on 12th May 2017 to raise money for “Save the Children.” Students from The American School of Las Palmas will participate and parents and friends of The American School of Las Palmas are welcome to participate as well.
- On the 26th May 2017, 50 trees and a variety of plants will planted in the school campus.
- A sports tournament will be held in June and other schools will also be invited to participate. Exact date to be confirmed.
- This year, the senior class of 2017 will be the 50th ASLP class to graduate. The graduation will take place in the CICCA in Las Palmas on June 16th, 2017. The graduation will count with a special guest speaker.
- The Alumni Gala will take place on Friday September 15th All former ASLP students and faculty are invited and welcome to join us. Place and time yet to be confirmed.
- Foundation Day will take place on September 17th The time capsule from 25 years ago will be opened and a new time capsule will be buried. All friends of The American School of Las Palmas are invited on this day and to contribute ideas and objects to the new time capsule.