Admission to the American School of Las Palmas is open to all students regardless of national origin (ancestry), race, color, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability or religion. ASLP makes every effort to limit class size to 25 in the elementary school. Only under exceptional circumstances will this number exceed the limit. The Director will present such cases to the School Board for a decision.
3 years old before December 31
4 years old before December 31
5 years old before December 31
6 years old before December 31
Academic Requirements for Admission
For admission into any grade between 5th and 12th Grade, all students must take Mathematics, English and Spanish placement tests or have an equivalent evaluation for placement. Additionally, the school must receive previous school records and any other official academic documents prior to admission being granted. For High School level students transferring to ASLP, the school must receive the full academic transcript from their previous high school. Students who do not reach a satisfactory level of English during their first year (but with an otherwise acceptable record) may be asked to repeat the year.
Priority of Admission
- Children of faculty and staff (according to National Labor Agreement)
- Citizens of the United States.
- Brothers and sisters of students at ASLP.
- Children of ASLP Graduates.
- All others according to order of registration.
Denial of Admission
Will be made to students under the following circumstances:
- Children without academic records.
- Children with a record of serious misconduct in the previous school.
- Students who have been expelled from any school.
- Children of parents who have not paid in full all outstanding fees at the previous school.
- Students who do not meet the academic requirements of ASLP